Brighttail is a growing B2B marketing agency looking for a B2B Content Editor to oversee content production for our portfolio of technology brands across B2B sectors (semiconductors, SaaS, robotics, and more).
Working with a team of content creators, you will own the content review process, proofread, and edit a diverse range of projects, including white papers, ebooks, case studies, blog posts, websites, and more.
You are an experienced content editor with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to creating great content that appeals to the target audience across the full marketing funnel.
The successful candidate must be self-directed, yet equally comfortable contributing within a large team environment. Strong interpersonal skills, time management, and attention to detail are required. You must be able to demonstrate B2B content experience, an educational mindset, and a high degree of knowledge in both the content production and marketing fields.
What You’ll Achieve
- Review and edit a broad range of B2B content (blog articles, white papers, emails, digital ads, etc.) for accuracy, conciseness, communication effectiveness, and consistency for a primarily US-based business audience.
- Conduct extensive research to ensure content is accurate and up-to-date
- Proofread and edit text at various stages of the writing process, working closely with authors to strengthen content structure, improve style, and resolve inconsistencies or grammatical errors.
- Set content standards and create content production frameworks that sustainably promote the up-scaling of the content production process.
- Contribute to the development of internal style guides and evangelize their use.
- Make calls on the style, tone, and voice of content.
- Work closely with the digital, creative, and web development teams to deliver a best-in-class content marketing programs
- Empower our team of content writers to produce better content consistently.
Skills You’ll Need to Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Linguistics, or related field; preferably from a US/UK university.
- Ideally, 5+ years of demonstrated excellence in content creation and editing; experience with both mechanical and substantive editing.
- Intimate knowledge of at least one style guide (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style, MLA, APA)
- Demonstrate the ability to edit content for specific B2B buyer personas.
- Proven multitasker, able to edit content for multiple client products, prioritize multiple stakeholder needs, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Strong editorial leadership background and proofreading skills, as well as experience owning editorial and style guides.
- Meticulous English language skills, with a keen eye for detail, when it comes to punctuation, spelling, grammar, and syntax.
- Bonus: familiarity with Atlassian’s software products