Strategist will oversee 2-3 client accounts, closely interacting with their client portfolio, joining client calls and regularly communicating with clients through our Slack, Email, Jira, and Confluence. The Strategist will, however, be given autonomy in determining the strategic goals for the account based on their judgment while collaborating with a cross-functional team of digital marketing professionals specializing in marketing automation, design, development, paid media, content development, and SEO to bring the plan to life.
The Strategist is the account driver—ensuring that all marketing programs are released according to specifications and milestones are met, keeping the clients up-to-date on progress on a regular basis. As the client’s go-to resource at Brighttail, your strong focus on outstanding client management skills while developing subject matter expertise on the client’s business will enable you to provide a successful client experience and substantial value in leading your clients’ digital and marketing programs.
The Strategist is to serve as a Product Owner within a scrum team and lead client scrum teams independently. Senior Strategists will act as your support and guidance while serving as the client’s Marketing Consultant.
What You’ll Achieve
- Lead weekly client calls; set agendas, prepare presentations, facilitate discussions, and play an active role in ideation.
- Act as the day-to-day point of contact with clients through Slack, email, Jira, and adhoc calls where needed.
- Be able to work odd hours, to ensure that client communications are attended to within a timely manner and within the response time defined by our SLA.
- Regularly meet with client SMEs alongside the Digital Project Manager, and collaborate with Brighttail scrum team to ensure client marketing needs are met.
- Ensure that all information passed between the client and scrum team is communicated effectively.
- Ensure that the scrum team attains all the information they need from the client in order to execute their tasks successfully.
- Collaborate with Senior Strategist to execute a strategic marketing plan that exceeds goals and showcase an ROI based on marketing goals
- Set timelines and milestones alongside the Digital Project Manager to ensure the timely and successful delivery of Strategic Marketing Plan initiatives.
- Regularly connect with cross-functional team members (scrum team) to ensure campaigns are optimized and aligned.
- Contribute to monthly reports, Quarterly Business Reviews, and support the Senior Strategist with reviewing performance data for client portfolio where needed
- Drive an average of 15% organic growth within your account portfolio via intentional and strategic relationship expansion, diversification, and innovation in work.
- Monitor the success of marketing campaigns and report progress to the Senior Strategist. Collaborate with the Senior Strategist to map marketing and communication plans based on progress.
- Support the discovery and onboarding of new clients throughout the pre-sales and growth hackathon process: including the audit and marketing strategy development.
- Grow, and deepen client relationships by having a strong understanding of their industry and business model and by presenting ideas and opportunities that ladder up to goals
- Stay informed about demand-gen marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit
- Become the resident expert on your clients’’ industry and marketing.
- Contribute your thought leadership (at least one piece of content per quarter) and build your brand by contributing to Brighttail’s blog, social media, or co-marketing activities.
As a Product Owner:
- As the Product Owner, you will act on behalf of the client to provide the team direction and act as the client’s own growth marketing expert.
- You are to work closely with the scrum master and the scrum team members to manage client operations effectively.
- You will oversee the client’s monthly points dashboard, ensuring that points utilization is closely tied to the client’s marketing goals and ultimately, ROI.
- You are to ensure that all marketing communications meet the client’s specifications before handing them over to the client. To do so, you will have to:
- Create, Review and Approve Briefs e.g. Creative Briefs, UX Briefs;
- Review all assets and materials before they are sent to the client (as final QC)
- Assign tasks according to priority in order to avoid missed deadlines
- You are also required to set a regular cadence to meet with the scrum team in order to discuss client performance and identify areas of improvement
- Aside from meeting the client’s growth goals, client satisfaction is your no. 1 priority. You are expected to check-in regularly with the clients to ensure that their needs are being met.
- You are expected to stay up-to-date on client performance and provide reports as well as feedback to the Business Owner and the rest of the functional managers.
Important Qualities as a Strategy Team Member:
Succeeding in strategy is no easy feat. By joining this team, you must understand this fact and be able to navigate the challenges that will come your way as a result. There is no sugarcoating this, it takes a special kind of person to be able to succeed in this team:
- You need to be coachable.
- This is not simply about being a good student. It’s about mental attitude. You need to be able to accept constructive feedback as fuel for growth.
- You need to be hungry.
- Strategy is born out of the need to solve problems effectively. And a good strategist is never satisfied with the status quo. There is always a better way of doing things. Stay curious.
- Unlike many other career paths, strategy is sorta an open canvas. You need to be able to draw your own path without relying on anyone else to decide it for you. This should apply for any career, but even more so for strategy.
- The strategist role, more than any other, requires a passion for and commitment to mastery. It’s not a 9-5 and, therefore, not the best fit for people who prioritize work-life balance.
- You need to be able to handle the pressure.
- You bear a heavy responsibility. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed and it’s okay to make mistakes. But you can’t crumble. Your team is relying on you. And the trick here is to also rely on your team. But that’s easier said than done.
- You need to care.
- Even if the client’s business is not all that exciting, you need to take their problems as your own. If you measure success solely by how closely you follow your job description, then you are missing the point. Oftentimes, you are required to go above and beyond to ensure success.
- You need to think ahead.
- Nothing will go according to plan. So, you need to be fluid, adaptive, and always one step ahead. You need to be thorough and have good attention to detail in order to cover all bases and read between the lines.
Skills You’ll Need to Bring
- 3 years of experience building comprehensive digital marketing campaigns
- Background in one of these 4 core disciplines; Performance Marketing, SEO, Marketing Automation, and Account Management. 2 or more is a plus!
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Strong understanding and hands-on ability to utilize HubSpot’s Marketing Hub (experience in other areas of HubSpot a plus)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to lead project management for multiple clients, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven relationship-building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google Sheets
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred