Do you have a passion to help others succeed? Do you genuinely believe that talent is the greatest asset of any company? As a member of Brighttail’s Talent & Experience Team, you’ll help discover and develop our most important resource: our People. Together, we’ll search Malaysia to build our collective of visionaries, marketers, and leaders. All the while, your efforts will advance Brighttail as “the best company to work for in Kuala Lumpur.” Your daily contribution will impact every Brighttail life because throughout each employees’ careers, you will continue to help them grow expertly and support them wholeheartedly in work and life.
This new role of HR Manager cum Talent Acquisition Manager will support the overall aspects of the Talent & Experience Department. This person will be a key player of our Talent & Experience team. A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment and has a passion for creating meaningful and engaging experiences for our multi-faceted team members. We need someone with strong cross functional exposure to come in with a hands-on and heart-on attitude to optimize existing processes and establish new programs to support the extraordinary talent it takes to do extraordinary marketing.
What You’ll Achieve
This is a highly visible and people-facing role. You will need to wear your best face forward every day and shine as a guiding light into the Brighttail home.
This highly cross-functional role involves managing the three main pillars of Talent & Experience (TEX):
- EXPERIENCE: Overarching Talent Experience that encompasses Talent Engagement and Talent Effectiveness. This domain covers the overall Brighttail experience, such as: Recognition, Appreciation, Celebration, and Total Rewards.
- ENGAGEMENT: You will be responsible to co-drive culture strategy, nurture engagement, and focus on increasing employee engagement, all the while coordinating, executing, and innovating activities to create a holistic employee experience. Bring Brighttail’s mission and goals to life by identifying and hiring great talent and future team members. Echo and enhance the strength of our culture.
- EFFECTIVENESS: This pillar covers the talent management and operations side of the department. The Manager will drive and supervise initiatives to roll out workplace programs such as: onboarding, off-boarding, 360 feedback, performance reviews, OKRs, talent development, staff and leadership training, mentorship, benefits support, data + analysis, compliance, and frontline support.
This position will report to the Head of Talent & Experience.
- Work with the Head of TEX to develop strategies to successfully scale our culture code
- Design and enhance employee experiences throughout the employee lifecycle, build fun and engaging programs, execute on company initiatives, and gain leadership buy-in
- Manage culture programs and events to ensure that our cultural vibrancy maintains momentum
- Take complete ownership of full life-cycle recruitment, including create recruitment strategies per departments, develop and execute recruitment plans, develop ideal candidate profile for each hire, assist to develop and write job descriptions, create and update attractive job postings, screen resumes and candidates, arrange interviews, negotiate offers, complete reference checks, facilitate and complete new employee on-boarding
- Partner closely with hiring managers to craft and deeply understand the department’s needs, priorities, and unique dynamics
- Provide a high-touch service level to both our internal team and the external candidate pool. Effectively select tools to amplify your effectiveness. Review often to improve the recruitment cycle.
- Develop sourcing strategies and research methods that are successful in attracting viable candidates for each requisition while leveraging data to assess the efficacy of each channel and for each role
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and concerns while ensuring a seamless candidate experience for all potential candidates. Serve as a skilled problem solver, keen facilitator, and attuned coach in final negotiations. Collaborate on both sides of the table to build a transparent interview experience.
- Build and improve the company’s recruitment best practices. Review and add upon Recruitment Standards of Operating Procedure and knowledge base
- Critically examine both physical and virtual experiences of our employee and marshal support and resources for solutions to improve
- Drive and supervise initiatives to roll out workplace programs such as: onboarding, off-boarding, 360 feedback, performance reviews, OKRs, talent development, staff and leadership training, mentorship, benefits support, data + analysis, compliance, and serve as frontline support.
- Share best practices and recommendations and maintain high service standards within all domains of TEX department
- Assist on ad-hoc assignments relating to recruitment, engagement, HR, and foreign talent matters
You know you were successful if:
- You executed a company-wide strategic roadmap centered around best-in-class initiatives leveraging data to implement strategies that promote and achieve a culture of excellence and high engagement
- You developed and executed a company-wide approach that capitalizes on employee engagement survey strategies that support both Brighttail culture and business priorities. You will need a strong business acumen and cross functional discernment to achieve this.
- You drive high-quality employee experience through initiatives and bring out the best in people. You enhanced the workplace experience with your know-how to develop an environment for increased creativity, productivity, and well-being.
- You drive continuous improvement in the operational efficiency and processes, constantly finding ways to improve our process while effectively managing our costs.
Skills You’ll Need to Bring
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources in a dynamic and fast-moving environment with prior people management experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of recruiting experience with a proven track record of recruiting and scaling for high-performing organizations
- Excellent people-facing and internal communication skills. You are comfortable working in a company culture that values people first, servant leadership, and never-ending improvement.
- Culture champion with excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills to work cross-functionally in order to establish and deliver on a common goal
- Demonstrated excellence and knowledge in all full life-cycle recruiting components including, but not limited to sourcing, qualifying, networking, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence
- Validated resourcefulness to turn a team’s needs into a targeted search using innovative research and sourcing methods to hire for niche areas and “hard to fill” roles
- Strong balance of EQ/IQ and cultural sensitivity to manage relationships with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to gather data, assess situations and quickly develop solutions with a strong analytical / financial aptitude
- Excellent discernment with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly collaborative with ability to see big picture and not work rogue or in a silo
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information with utmost discretion
- Experience in owning and creating people experiences in a workplace is preferred